Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Unforgettables: Part - I


I'm gonna tell u about the most admirable people have ever came across in my Life. The Title being Unforgettables coz someway around they left deep impact on me as in I learnt few things from them and now they are lost. I don’t know the reason but I guess they are in a state of some hibernation or something like that.
So here we go-----

Sana Iman Sana, what to say about her, she was my first gal as friend (not girlfriend ofcourse, coz few people r worth being only friends reason being u don’t want to loose them) though there were many but I would like to take her name first because she was different. Hey let me first tell u how we met, right?
                        My father got transferred to Gorakhpur (my birthplace) in the year 1998 and as always there was a search for Good School in the City. I got admission in one of the most reputed ”Little Flower School” in Gorakhpur, Class 9th.Just like others I was sitting quietly on one of the benches, everybody else was busy chatting, few bullying but me only watching them. Suddenly I felt that someone is staring at me, I looked that side. Saw a beautiful and pretty gal looking with a big question mark on her face, I raised my eyebrows with a smile in order to ask what’s the matter but immediately she turned around, guess was embarrassed about the way she was looking at me. Then teacher came into the class and guess what it was my favourite subject class “History”, I Love this subject. During the class I noticed her continuously looking at me. Couldn’t help smiling on my own, and Alas! Teacher saw me doing that, No No not looking at her but smiling. Suddenly he cried out my name “Sandeep Kumar Singh”, firstly I wasn’t able to respond reason “lost” in my own thoughts, then my colleague poked me ,I acted as if just got up from the bed and stammered “Ye…Ye…Yesss…..Yes Sir” and don’t know what happened to me started walking towards my teacher, collided with my desk and my all books fell down, Sir asked “Why , are you coming towards me ?”, I replied “ I don’t know sir, I just started to walk after hearing my name” and after listening to me the class started laughing including. I was wondering this happened coz of her only just look at her she was also laughing like an innocent baby.
Sir:” Mr Singh I guess you are not in your senses”,
 Me: “No Sir”
Sir: “What, What did u just say? “
Me: “I mean sir am in my senses but I was bit frightened after hearing my name and this is the result of that only.”
Sir: “What was the reason of u smiling, do I look funny or the topic of Adolf Hitler is funny?”
(Thinking: O hell, from where did this Hitler came from and why, why do these people not just only become part of History without bothering anyone. Why r we even studying about him, whose interested in him. Look at this fellow (my teacher) dressed up like a cartoon as if he is going in some Independence Day fight.)
Sir:” Didn’t u hear me Mr Singh?”
(Thinking: O Man, stop crying my name out. Your voice is piercing my ears)
Me:” Sorry Sir. (This is all we can say at that situation)”
Sir: “I am not accepting your sorry Mr Singh, you may please leave the class, Thank You”.
(Thinking: Oh No not on the first day of my class, I looked at her with angry eyes. She gave me a silent smile. I was surprised, gave her a daring look and lowered my eyes. I guess this would help sir to persuade of not throwing me out of class.)
Me: “Sorry sir, It won’t happen again, I promise.”
Sir : “ No Mr Singh either u leave the class or I will leave and will make sure that there wont be any History classes for your class.”
(Thinking: aahhh Man, what is wrong with this fellow, why is he behaving like a jerk. Looked at my class fellow hoping for mercy but got no result. They all wanted me to leave.)
(Thinking: Alright, Alright Guys m leaving, don’t worry Nobody will miss HISTORY classes’ coz of me.)
                      I left the class and waited outside so that once the class is over I could talk with her. After waiting for about 30 minutes the class got over and I saw her coming out of the class with her friends. I don’t know what came to my mind, didn’t go to her and walked in the opposite direction.Suddenly, I heard someone shouting “Excuse Me” ,as I turned around, saw the same girl(Thinking : Oh No ,reason for “No” is that her smile only made me cost “History” class what if we talk).
She came near to me,
Her: “Hi!”
Me: “HI! (No smile, nothing)”
Her: “Are you mad at me?”
Me: ”Naah   ! Why would I or rather why should I, I felt very good after being thrown out of class. (Didn’t raise my voice, said it in a very sarcastic way.)”
Her:”hehe….u are funny.”
Me:”Yeah , m glad that your smile costed me my very first class of School (I was not trying to be funny but her expressions made me do so)”
Her:”Listen m sorry for it.”
Me:”I will accept your apology only on one condition,Tell me why were u smiling and what made u do the same ?”
Her:”Nothing, Leave it ! hehe ! “
Me:”aahhh,very funny.But still there should be a reason ?”
Her:”Because of this (took her handkerchief and wiped out a black colour mark from my face).”
Me:”oops,from where did this come ?”
Her:”hehe,how would I know ?”
Me:”Thanks,but you could have told me earlier.”
Her:”yeah,sorry but how can you expect me to talk with a stranger as soon as he enters the class ?”
Me:”hmmmm,alrite then catch u later,bye.”
Her:”Bye.”
Me:”Wait,atleast tell me your name.”
Her:”Why ?”
Me:”what why,alrite don’t tell,Bye.”
Her:”Hey wait,why getting angry,I am Sana.”
Me:”nopes m not,thanks(started walking away from her.)”
Sana:”hey wait,tell me your name also.”
Me:”Sandeep,Sandeep Singh,is my name(said in a James Bond style)”
Sana:”(burst out in laughter)”
Sandeep:”(Puzzled)What happened ? see u again laughing on me , m not gonna talk with u again “
Sana:”(trying to control her laughter)u said it in such a way as if ur James Bond or what, Sandeep, Sandeep Singh(imitates me).”
Sandeep:”see ,you again making fun of me(was enjoying the talk,not at all angry).”
Sana:”Ok,Ok, I won’t”
Sandeep:” alrite, then c ya.”
Sana:”Bye.”
(as I turned around she again Imitated me, Sandeep, Sandeep Singh and started laughing)
(I couldn’t stop smiling, and just went away looking for my friends)

So, this was my first encounter with Sana. Muslim by Caste, Sweet by Nature, and Friends by Chance.
                             After that my friendship with her grew stronger day by day. Please mind that it was none other than a simple friendship. But it meant a lot to me. There wasn’t a single day when we didn’t talk, we used to like anything & almost everything.
                              The main reason for our growing friendship was that I used to make her laugh (that I still do with my frnds) and she used to enjoy it a lot, used to laugh open heartedly, but in a Silent Mode (even if u get close to her, it was impossible to hear her laughing) Sometimes she has to say forcefully that to stop me else she would go crazy. Also she got this habit of “Care”, used to care for everyone be it family, friends, animals etc. Even with strangers she was humble and kind. I saw her once giving beggar a 10 Rupee note, couldn’t stop smiling at her.
                                 She told me that her friends call her “Silent Killer”, though didn’t get a chance to ask her the reason. Sana is one of the person I will always envy. She was beautiful, intelligent, bold, Sweet, Down to earth (it was her biggest quality that brought me close to her),etc. etc. etc. I just cannot finish praising her.
                               Sana and I were in same school upto 10th class and after that we both went to different schools but were in touch through phone calls (as mobile phones were very rare those days).We used to talk a lot on phone, but to be honest she just used to laugh and me talking only J J. At times my mother used to shout at me about me creating funny faces as if m talking to someone sitting infront of me.
                                Sana Iman, I just won’t be able to forget her. All these years have searched a lot for her but my every effort went in vain. Once I came to knew through my friend that he saw her in Lucknow Railway Station but he wasn’t able to speak to her. She filled my slambook and when I read still, memories of her comes alive and I still smile remembering her.
                                  I don’t know why she chose not to be in touch with a single person from school. I sent friend request with messages to every girl with the same Name on Facebook but still no result.
I miss her badly. She was my first very very very………Good friend.
                                 I wish wherever she is, may get all the happiness in Life. My best wishes are always with her.

Only for You Sana: 
                         It's not the presence of someone that brings meaning to Life. But the way someone touches your HEART gives Life.


Still to Come about ------------------------
Late Shivendra Pratap Mall – School friend (I say Late coz dis guy(dearest friend) died in an accident ,rest would tell u in story)
Ruchi Srivastava – My another School friend.
Late Ankit Sindhwani – (Late coz he also died in an accident this year only)
Avantika Gupta – An Online friend

@Sandy..................................

2 comments: